Tuesday 19 February 2013

Forever Friends February Monthly Challenge

Saw this challenge listed on Feline Playful  for Forever Friends and thought I would accept:



This Card has a side panel from a piece of wallpaper and my image is from Create with TLC.  I washed the paper with the water from my dish and then painted the bird with pink, building up the colour until I considered it deep enough.  I used a gold gelpen to highlight the crown and then cut and matted it onto dark pink cardstock.
The flowers were punched from this cardstock and put together to form a double petal blossom, rolled my embossing pen round the centre to raise the petals and attached with glue dots. 
The Butterfly is punched from sticky back shiny sheets - sortof peel-off material.............

3 comments:

  1. Smashing card Christine,nice image. Good idea about using wallpaper. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends this month.Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is lovely! The colours are perfect! Thanks for joining us at Forever friends this month.
    X - Natalie - X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card, such a fabulous image.
    Thank you for joining us at Forever Friends this month.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.