Friday 8 March 2013

Drunken Stampers Challenge #117

This Challenge offers me the chance to try a sortof Steampunk card so here is my offering:



What is that! I hear you say ............. this is my first attempt ..........
I printed some background paper from Shabby Pink and then realised it didn't fit my card.  Hmmm!  I placed across the centre, stamped the top, added the piano which I had fussy cut ready.  I then stamped along the top but left the bottom of the card plain as I thought it could envelop the sentiment.  I found some ribbon which I thought looked a bit Steampunky so made a bow.  The sentiment was soooo plain ............. found a black liner and drew a pattern round it to match the ribbon edges.  I have heard of this 'doodling' and it saved the day I think.
This is the 'Sound of Music' to me at the moment - I am loving Steampunk - so I am entering this into Drunken Stampers Challenge - wish me luck!!

6 comments:

  1. Great card!!!
    I love your steampunk card!
    Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers for the Sound of Music challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fabulous! I love how you 'saved' it when it wasn't working out how you hoped :) Such a neat piano too! Thanks SO much for playing with us at Drunken *hiccup* Stampers this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, love the "feel" of it, I am not really good at Steam Punk, I really need to branch out love ethe "doodling" it just finished it off perfectly, Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers for the found of music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the challenge, and love that you made the card work for you! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers Sound of Music Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the vintage effect, it's a beautiful card! It's awesome actually. Thanks for joining the Drunken Stampers Sound of Music challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really clever steampunk grand piano. Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.