Friday 3 May 2013

May Card no 1

This is the first card for this busy month - for the Nephew.

I used some paper that I downloaded from Digilicious Designs at  Scrapbook Graphics.  I printed out the paper and then run it through my printer again to add the sentiment.  I cut out the large orange Cog and its little silver sister from some of the scrap paper and used a 3D sticker to add it to the page above the 'MEM'  in 'A DAY TO REMEMBER'  to give the card some 'lift'.





I printed off several of the cogs but chose another silver one to add to the insert inside.  The sentimemt reads:
..... YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO INTO WORK ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!

As an afterthought, I could have possibly changed the words to read something like - your birthday falls at the weekend  - but no doubt he will inform me if he had to work on such a special day!

Is it Steampunk or is it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.