Tuesday 25 June 2013

June Swaps for CardWorkShop Group

So my cards are completed and in the post even though it has been soooo busy this month.  I have received some swaps already, some absolute stunners!



My 1 to 1 uses several elements from a design by Jackie Rothwell which I watercoloured and added the quote.  I then used another part of the design to make the border, cut round it and added pearls
.Updated to add a very pretty card from Jane - love those banners!


I used another Melonheadz design (see here for previous one) on a pink card for my second 1 to 1 swap.  I splashed the doyley with some of the paint, topped it with my girley image, edged the sentiment and placed that in the corner.
I received this pretty in pink card from Robin - so CAS, I love it!





 My first Ribbon swap used purple wool/ribbon and the image is from Dearie Girls (you have to search around a bit).




Angela sent me this stunning card, magnificent flower finished with a button.  I also like the different paper used to back the sentiment.


My second Ribbon swap uses a card from a package that I found during a hunt for something else .......... not that anybody would understand that   (grin)
The squares were diecut so I removed them, turned them and then added them back behind the windows using 3D tape.  I  then added premade ribbon bows with pearls in the centre. (Jane had told me that the centre pearls did not make it through the post, which is a shame but .....)
UPDATE: Received this lovely ribbon card in golden colours - love the way the ribbon has been threaded through the label!

The Colour My World swap this month is White card with gold and one other colour which left it pretty simple for me.  I corner rounded the card and some gold glitter paper.  On top of the gold I used a pre made bouquet of roses, ribbons and pearls which I have had for some time but never found a use for them.  I added an oval gold sentiment and then, inspired by Marit  who swapped ATCs with me, I made the envelope.  

I used Marit's envelope as a template, and some wallpaper as I thought it would be stronger for the post.  Unfortunately, no labels would adhere to it so there is rather a lot of cellotape round it which spoils the effect - but it looked good before I used it!!!
Updated - I received this stunning card, the scan does not do it justice I'm afraid but I didn't have my camera to hand.  The gold peel offs are complimented by small gold dragonflies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.