Monday 3 February 2014

January Swaps for CWS

The new folders have been created and the cards for 2013 placed inside.
So here we start with 2014 and CardWorkShop first swap of the year.

Happy New Year!                                       2014 is the Year of the Horse.

1 to 1 Swap


I downloaded some pictures of horses and background papers.  My first card has some gold fibres as a background.  I cut out the horse on its gold background and popped it on the complete picture.  I added some Chinese charms to red silk to hang down on the side.

Beautiful card comes from Cyprus.
Thank you Carol H. 



On my second card, I placed some corner rounded horse background paper on top of the gold fibres which had also been corner rounded.  The horses picture was printed twice and the second horses were fussy cut and decoupaged.  I didn't add any more embellishments as I felt that the multicoloured horse paper was enough.
This is a Mo Digital Pencil image
Thank you Helen
I have a third swap this month as one of the girls forgot to enter so I am swapping with her as an extra.  I used the left over papers, stacking them down the page but there seemed to be something missing ..... I framed that horse with a red and gold ribbon and added a bow.  Done.


The Rose is on acetate which is fixed atop of glitter paper.  These are fixed to a pink matt and the whole attached to a green card.
Thank you Robin.  



CMW Swap
I found a sheet of beautiful hammered gold peeloffs in one of my drawers  so I placed them on a blue card for the Colour My World swap.  I added two butterflies to the top of the card for my third colour.




I received this pretty card as my swap.
Thank you Pat McC.




Teabag Folded Swap


I cut a piece of grey cardstock to size, folded some tiles and edged them with some fancy scissors.  Using a purchased background, I daubed it with matching ink and attached it to the grey card.
With the rosette placed n the centre, I printed the sentiment, cut to size and adhered it to a daubed background, a shiny flower in the centre of the rosette completed the card.





Technique Swap




The Technique Swap this month is a Waterfall Card.  I used some scrapbook papers to make mine and then added some gold braid as a pull.  A thin line of peeloffs along the top and bottom corners completed the card.







The second and third layers contain sentiments  ......




The final page is the main wish!!
BTW - I fixed the layer of paper on the pull page so that it lay flat before I posted!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.