Friday 18 April 2014

April Swaps for CWS

I love making the swap cards in April, and any other cards if possible, to feature St George who is our Patron Saint.  There are lots of stories and legends about him and slowly but surely the English are banding together to make 23rd April a National Celebration Day.
I hope that one day the English will cause it to be as big for the English as St Patrick's day is for the Irish - Being in Birmingham when the bombs destroyed the nightclubs (and lives of our young people, my friend's 17 year old daughter lost both her legs) I do not enjoy seeing the Irish Tricolour flying here.
But back to the cards,the reason for being here .....
1 to 1
As soon as I saw this little bear I knew he was mine!
I applied the ink and then cleaned it from the centre of his shield, stamped him out on several pieces of cardstock and coloured him in with pencils.  I used an England peel off in the top right corner, stamped a spray of roses using a free stamp along the lower edge.  I coloured the roses red (English symbol) and some of the leaves green.  All the sentiments were printed on my PC and cutout to shape.


I received this beautiful card with a fantastic embossed background, the appropriate words were chalked in matching colours.
Thank you Carol J.  



I stamped a scene from an old stamp from Sheena Douglass and coloured with pencils, spraying with clear water afterwards.  I cut several England peeloffs into flag shapes and 'draped' them across the top of the card added a 'string' using a red pen.  A printout sentiment from my PC completed the card.



Colour My World - Green card, yellow embellishments and one other colour.

I punched a border on yellow paper, several pieces of yellow paper and sorted out a focal picture.
 I used one of the cards from my ATC kit then attached it to the yellow background which I then attached to the card.  The sentiment was also from my ATC kit and I carefully rubbed it onto the yellow card and then discovered ..... I had used a different yellow card!  I hope it isn't too obvious.

I received this cute chicken with an embossed background.
Thank you Carol J. 

Teabag Folded
As there are just the two of us swapping this month I have tried to food 'out of the box' as it were.  I googled and found an inspiration.


I punched several circles from a paper pad given free with a magazine.  I followed the tutorial on the blog, adhering them onto a piece of pink card cut to size and added my own embellishments, several pearl flowers, a length of pink string tied into a double bow decorated with a pink pearl.  I had an adhesive sentiment attached to pink card, then rounded the corners and attached it to the lower edge of the green card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.