Tuesday 8 April 2014

First of the April Birthdays

PJ's new sister has her birthday at the beginning of this month and so her first birthday card from her new brother will be special ........
I decided that 'dancing' from my 'Docrafts bag' would be THE design.  On the ideas printout there is a picture of a card with Art Deco outline so I decided that I would CASe this.
I used a black high gloss card and holographic peel offs as backing to the picture, sparkle is definitely needed for this birthday .
I placed peel offs on the top corners of the card first, placing the picture to help decide where the peel offs should go.

I scored the card down the side of the top left peel offs and then folded the card at this point.  After trimming the card to fit round the picture and trims, I then attached the picture with dimensionals (pop dots).  After adding the lower corners, vertical and horizontal strips, I trimmed the happy birthday sentiment and attached that with a dimensional.

Did I tell you that I found my new guillotine/paper trimmer which was 'somewhere safe', it has been a pleasure to use it on this card.


I used some parchment paper for the insert and sorted through my punches for a suitable punch.  I used this one, I thought it looked Art Deco, to decorate all the corners.

Happy Birthday Lynn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.