Friday 30 May 2014

Craftwork Cards

I succumbed and bought this Paradise cardmaking pack.....
I have waited a long time to persuade myself that I needed this pack, but it was on special offer ..... and as I have invested in some special blank cards - swing, easel and pop up box - this gave me an opportunity to try the cards and papers.
The pack consists of a Paper Pad, several packs of toppers, packs of flowers, sentiments and a pack of confetti.
The pack came wrapped in a cellophane bag, with an inspiration sheet, and it sat for a couple of days as I was rather busy.  Eventually I managed to find time to sit with this pack and have a real good look at it.  The paper pad was amazing value, heavy paper and the first six pages were foil embossed .... and was so pretty!!!!
I was really going to enjoy playing with this package!

I spent the day making cards - well, only two actually as I got distracted ..... as I do.

Some of the left over paper was quite plain so I thought that I would punch out some flowers and butterflies ready for future cards.  I swiped the edges of the flowers with a gold inkpad and then wondered if I could emboss the edges with some two tone powder.
I wiped the edges of the flowers, wings and sometimes bodies of the the butterflies,  with Versafine ink and then dipped them into embossing powder and heat embossed.  All different colours and I had a lovely couple of hours engrossed in changing the look of all my flowers and butterflies.
Superb!
This pack is going places ..... two cards down ...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.