Sunday 18 May 2014

May Swaps for CWS

I happened upon some wall paper whilst looking for some Embossing Folders .....  patchwork type .....

1 to 1 swap


After I had cut up all the individual pieces, I used a pair of edging scissors to cut out this bird and a smaller oblong.
I took a speckled edge card, adhered a piece of striped piece of the paper to fit just inside the card.
I added the larger square to the left hand side of the card, then with the smaller piece I added the sentiment.



I received this pretty card in return.
Thank you Pat McC. 



I love 'All Our Yesterdays' by Faye Whittaker and managed to purchase several decoupage sheets of her designs.
I made up the decoupage and attached it to a piece of wall paper, blue striped, which in turn was attached to a pale blue card.  I mounted the sentiment onto a piece of the wallpaper and popped it to the top right corner.





Colour My World - Black card with white embellishments and one other colour.


I sorted out my branch embossing folder and embossed a white piece of card. I placed this along the top half of a black card, adding a die cut branch.  I found a pink card circle that was just the right size for the circular sentiment.  I placed this on the lower right front of the card.




Technique Swap

We were given this Diagram for our Technique Card this month.
Looks simple I thought .... I do tend to think like that but it is difficult to change the habits of a lifetime!

Taking the design to pieces, layer by layer .........


Once again that patchwork wallpaper came into use!  I used the blue version this time ......


A piece of the blue paper (with pink roses) was attached to a green card and then I chose part of the check pattern to make the four squares.  I placed a white doyley over the squares, a circle of the green leaves and a pink sticker on the top.  I cut the banner out of the striped part of the wallpaper and added three flower stickers in the top righthand corner.

One completed technique card!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.