Thursday 4 December 2014

CardWorkShop November Swaps

1 to 1 Swap
I used one of my stitching cards for this swap.  The gold butterfly peeloff and corner peeloffs were stitched with red glitter thread and the orange card cut to size.  I stamped corner motifs onto the card, added a doyley and then attached the butterfly to the top.









Colour My World – Yellow card with Pink
I struggled with this concept – don’t know why.  I made a card with a diecut sentiment and wreath of flowers all in pink …. Don’t like it but why I cannot say.  I started again with the yellow card but this time used some negatives from the diecuts and felt much better with this.  An added butterfly in the corner and a gold sentiment strip across the centre.  Love it!
 
I received this card in return and isn’t it pretty?
Thank you Pat.





Make a Card with .... Feathers
 

This card is big, bold, brash!  I cut the vase shape from a takeaway cup and then placed some gold & red flowers in a large spray.  The red feathers were place behind to add height.




I received this exquisite card in return.
Thank you Pat.



Follow that Sketch ......

I am so not happy with this card.  This is my third attempt!!  I have several books of papers; I am trying not to collect them but Volume 4 just fell into my basket when at W H Smith’s!!!!
This enables me to tear out matching and/or coordinating colours which, in theory, should make my cards more pleasing to the eye.  A Sketch seemed a good time to try this.  As I said this is my third attempt……
This is an orange and ‘blue’ selection.  I don’t know whether it is the size I cut the papers or just the placement  ….
This is the best one?!?!?!

Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.