Wednesday 5 August 2015

WOYWW #322

This is What'sOnYourWorkdeskWednesday - checkout the tab at the top of the page for further info - and our thanks go to Julia for hosting again.

In this household, August has been designated as 'Clear Out' month.  PJ is sorting out all the books on his bookshelves - lots of Theology books from when he did his degree - and I am trying to clear my 'piles'.  All my cross stitch magazines went to the charity shop - heartbreaking but I really am unable to do cross stitching now.  I went through my card making magazines, removed all the pages relating to the use of the free gifts and also any interesting ideas for cards. 
 These pages are the 'pile' you see on my desk!!!


I am in a swap of papers (it's a silly swap but interesting) and my latest envelope has joined the 'pile'.  To the right are my latest 'in the making' ATCs, unfortunately they have been slightly 'piled' on but ..............there is a method in my madness ....... I will have to sort the 'pile' so that I can complete the ATCs!!

That's my desk for this week, although there is a good chance that the 'pile' will only grow higher as I sort out the 'office' - books, books, and piles!!

Have a good week, I shall get round to desking this week as I am allotting 'some' time to visiting - I need to connect to my friends.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, I know just how you feel! We recently had a huge books clearout, We had thousands, literally. I love books, constantly reading, but since getting a tablet, it's just so much easier to carry a hundred books around, lol.I kept some much loved ones though, as I still love the feel of a proper book in my hands, turning real pages the old fashioned way! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got rid of my cross stitching mags last year. I did half my paper crafting mags, the same as you, a few weeks ago and although I threw out the ripped up mags I now have a very large "very useful" box filled with the pages I decided to keep. So instead of a pile of mags I have another plastic box under my desk! I don't know what the answer is .... Have a lovely week. Barb #20 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi I have been having a big clearout of lots of things - long overdue. Anne x #50

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you hadn't mentioned clearing out, we are just desperate to sort out more stuff we no longer use.
    Well done for doing yours. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 19

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm familiar with the pile style of organization. I've implemented in my whole house! LOL
    April #39

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good cleaning out is always helpful. Sometimes I even find things I have been missing. Happy sorting. Peg R 53

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good cleaning out is always helpful. Sometimes I even find things I have been missing. Happy sorting. Peg R 53

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wondering what kind of paper swap you joined. Joined some that were themed. Rather fun but added to my stash quickly. I laugh when you talk about your piles. I'm a piler too. Trying to quit. I wouldn't fool with trying to match the black paint, might make it worse. Diane 28

    ReplyDelete

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.