Monday 5 October 2015

September Card Swap

My cardmaking has really travelled this month and then became delayed.

Alphabet Swap - I is for Iris Folding
Another kit from Craftee - very sadly they have announced they are closing, this month there is a special sale, due to a new home being found (I wish them luck but how I will miss their kits!!!)
I sat looking out at the sea as I made these wonderful flip flops.



Someone else had the same idea!!
Thank you Liz W. 



Colour Swap - Blue with Pink


Another card made while watching ships sailing past the window.  This is a Decoupage Sheet from Craftee.  I though that I would try something different this time, the papers have a lovely finish to them.

I received this gorjuss card very early in the month.
Thank you Karen D.


Technique - Pop Up Box

I love making these cards!
I used a wallpaper sample to line the box, managing to get just enough pieces from the tartan section.  I die cut 'with love' in white and then water coloured with a slightly darker coral colour.  The wallpaper consists of several patterns giving it a quilted effect, from the flowered section I punched sever flowers of differing sizes and some butterflies etc.  I found some green grass silhouettes so cut them to size as a 'filler' along the lower struts.  After I had glued several flowers together I then attached them to several acetate 'sticks' trying to arranged them at different heights.  I then attached the 'sticks' to the struts and left to dry.  I used flowers and leaves to decorate the outside flaps of the card. 



I received this beauty and really love it.  I love the colour and especially the way the flaps are all heart shaped.  What a wonderful idea!!

Thank you Olive.





 Olive sent her cards all together and included this clever little card .......
Before I could finish all these cards I had a 'slight' accident at work so was unable to get them finished in time for the swap.  Happily my partners agreed to wait for my cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.