Saturday 15 October 2016

Get Well Soon Card

Not usually asked to make this type of card but, as it is for one of the volunteers at the Steam Locomotive Works, this is a personal and extra special card .... and ....... has to have trains!

I diecut some trains and tried to do some inset diecuts ...... with my engine die there are lots of details ......... like doing a mini jigsaw!!!  
I gave up and did some stamping, became distracted by trying to find the cushion mount for some of the stamps ....
Then I found a sheet of decoupage!   Yeah!  I love decoupage!  

Once I had decided on which engine to use, I quickly decoupaged the image and then needed a background and a card.......... more searching ........ getting this new 'studio' straight seems to be taking forever ... or is it that I get distracted?!?

I chose a blue card, slightly shiney and very square.


The background paper was part of a Debbie Moore Art Decor decoupage pack but was just the right colours.



A few peel offs, the right font I thought, for the sentiment.

There you have it, or at least I do for the moment ....... one blue square card, one decoupaged image flat DSS taped to card and one sentiment on 3D Foam pads to raise it off the surface.  
I added a plain white paper insert as most of the Tuesday Volunteers will be signing it.  Then it will be posted off to let John know that we are all hoping his arm heals soon and he can be back with us at Tyseley Loco Works!

1 comment:

  1. FAB makes, good to meet you at the WOYWW crop - hope we can do it again in 2017

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.