Tuesday 19 December 2017

December Birthday

Not the best day to have a birthday and I know how she must have suffered while growing up! My birthday is also in December but a bit before ... not on the day!  
No doubt she had the 'I haven't bought you a birthday present cos I thought you'd like a big Christmas present'.  Bet they never said it to anyone with a birthday in July!!  lol

Anyhow, when I first saw this Woodware stamp I just knew that I could use it for C's birthday.  Once I had removed it from its backing paper, I used my craft knife to cut out the 'Christmas' word.  

My theory was that once this was removed, the stamp would leave a blank space on which I could write the word 'Birth'.
So I now have a customised stamp for C's Birthday.

This year I have made her card in Teal, Turquoise, Blue - its December's birthstone.

I used Versafine Onyx to stamp the image onto watercolour paper and then trimmed the paper to fit onto a piece of glitter paper (6 x 6in pad from The Works) which I had already trimmed to fit my white base card.


I used my Neocolour crayons to colour in the digits, holly, border and highlight the word in yellow and, using a very fine (size 1) brush, added some water.

Once the image was dry I attached it to the glitter paper, which I attached to the card base. 

I used some blue paper to make an insert, punching a rose out of each corner to complete the card.

Oh! I forgot to say - I wrote the 'Birth' word with a fine nibbed black unnamed pen!

I have posted the card now so, if you're reading this C .. happy Birthday Darlin'.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent use of this stamp, I'm sure it was thankfully received. Beautiful too.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.