Wednesday 13 December 2017

November Swaps

Noobie Swap
I made this card some time ago and couldn't think of an appropriate sentiment but looking at it today I don't think it needs a sentiment.      The teabag tiles are split tiles and I embossed the corners the old fashioned way using my Fiskars embossing board ... such excitement when they brought it out !!!





I have received this very pretty decoupaged and embossed card.  Thank you LindaS.




Sketch Swap

I used some of my stash paper for the background and then couldn't really find an image to fit the card.  I am not very good with square cards so I have bought a pack for me to practise on next year.
I found this image, also in my stash and managed to cut it to a better size using fancy edged scissors.
I die cut the sentiment and added it as near to the sketch position as I could.  
I hope partner likes it.




My return card is beautiful, extremely well made and thought out.
Thank you ChrisN.




Technique Swap - Parchment
I really looked forward to this swap but when I settled down with my image and started to emboss, I realised that it's been a long time since I last attempted parchment!!!
I embossed the image and coloured the back of the parchment with Inktense pencils.  It didn't look right so I added small amounts of water to the back and outlined the 'stained glass' sections with a black gel pen.  Once it was all dry I wanted to attach it to a dark blue card but could not think how ..... in the end I used glue dots along the long sides.  I sealed the edges of the parchment with a peel off ribbon and border, not only hiding the glue dots but securing to the card.




I was thrilled to receive my partner's card.  She had gone to all the effort of finding a design with a 'C'.  Clever!
Thank you Olive.

1 comment:

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.